The Ford Sayre Ski Club invites
to learn about ski jumping!
Join us at Ford Sayre Ski Jumping Nights
- Who: Beginners, Boys and Girls, Grades K through 6 (or older if you dare!)
- When: Monday & Wednesday Nights
- Time: 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Oak Hill Ski Jumps above Storr’s Pond in Hanover
- Cost: Show up at any practice. Your first night is free
Kids bring their own alpine skis, boots and helmet.
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
Young skiers will learn what ski jumping is all about and practice their new skills on our two-foot high “Bunny Hill”!
If skiers enjoy their intro night they’ll have the opportunity to join our club. They can then participate in training and fun tournaments throughout the ski season.
While we have a warming hut at the ski jumps, we ask kids to arrive ready to ski and wearing a mask. Kids remain six feet apart throughout the night.
Contact Ford Sayre Ski Jumping Administrator Heidi Nichols at (603) 667-0171 or Heidinichols13@gmail.com for more information, with equipment concerns or needs.
• From downtown Hanover take Lyme Road (Rt 10 North to the first rotary just before the COOP Foodstore.
• Take the first right off the rotary onto Reservoir Road. • Reservoir road comes to a "T" after roughly 0.7 miles. • Take a left down to the Storrs Pond/Oak Hill ski complex. • Park there. The jumps are up the hill to the left (hidden by a few trees).
• From the parking lot you’ll see the lights from the ski jumping complex shining through the trees.
Visit our website at
For More Information about Ski Jumping in General, visit: usanordic.org
Watch this 3-Minute Ski Jumping Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzYsqh1HXyc&feature=player_embedded
New Food Pantry information for residents of Hanover and Norwich
There's a new food pantry in the region. It's supported by the Haven, hosted (outside) by The Church of Christ at Dartmouth College, and organized by the Hanover Community Food Security Team. It operates Saturdays from 11 am-1 pm, in the church's driveway (40 College Street). It is open to anyone who's short on food. No registration needed but masks will be required.
Questions: (802) 222-7337 or Hanovercommunity.fs.team@