- Remote learning will be done at home and led by a designated remote learning teacher.
- Attendance for remote learning students will be 5 days a week, taken through video meetings and recorded in the office.
- Parents must sign the SAU 70 Parent Remote Learning Contract which explains specific responsibilities involved. Students will remain in their virtual classroom for the trimester. This can be extended.
- The number of Remote Learning teachers will depend on the number of students enrolled in the Remote Learning option. This may mean that a remote classroom will be highly differentiated to accommodate students from more than one grade.
- Remote Learning teachers will work with in-person teachers to construct remote curriculum.
- Content and curriculum will be similar, to the extent possible, to what grade level in-person peers are experiencing.
- The school will make 1:1 devices accessible for remote learners at all grade levels.
- Responsive Classroom morning meetings will be held remotely.
- 504 and IEP supports will be provided at home, in virtual classrooms, and/or, at request and discussion with the case managers, at school.
- Specials teachers will work with remote teachers to provide content.
- Instruction will rely heavily on online applications. The technology platform will be Google Classroom for all students.
- Students and families will be held accountable for school work and assessments. There will be opportunities for video conferencing, academic coaching and support.